Roppongi, Tokyo, on New Year's Eve

Roppongi, Tokyo, on New Year's Eve
Among other things, I am writing a detective series that takes place in Tokyo. The first novel, "Be Careful What You Ask For," centers on a much-admired Tokyo police inspector being forced to confront his ties to a crime family while investigating a murder in Roppongi.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Oh joy, oh rapture

So I put the manuscript down for a couple of weeks and used my writing/editing time to learn more about social media. I learned just enough to learn that I need to learn more. But the truth is, the two weeks away from the book was the best thing. Old ideas fell away, fresh ideas seemed worth considering, and I saw for myself holes that needed filling that I would not have seen otherwise. The worst thing: the line editing I've been doing this past week. I am an editor by trade and I love what I do but man, editing large manuscripts, especially of your own work, is a dreadful experience. But it's all a part of the journey, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment