Roppongi, Tokyo, on New Year's Eve

Roppongi, Tokyo, on New Year's Eve
Among other things, I am writing a detective series that takes place in Tokyo. The first novel, "Be Careful What You Ask For," centers on a much-admired Tokyo police inspector being forced to confront his ties to a crime family while investigating a murder in Roppongi.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Here's a great idea

If I haven't mentioned it before, Writing the Breakout Novel by Donald Maass was exactly the book I needed to read after writing the first draft of my detective story, whose working title is Be Careful What You Ask For. In a recent Guide to Literary Agents column, guest columnist Angela Ackerman uses Maass' book as a guide for writing 'the breakout blog.'
http://bit.ly/GFFKZQ
As I boldly attempt to whip this blog into shape, her column serves as an inspiration to me. I hope it does for you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment